Sunday, November 16, 2014

Relationships. Commitments.



kristawatzelphotography.com
I value relationships. I value commitments.

I'm not in a perfect one but we're giving our best to manage it.

I'm saddened with stories of voluntary-ruined relationships. Those made through personal choice and sound mind. This post may come across off especially to most friends who experienced the same but I am posting this in light that people will give their best to choose what is supposed to be chosen.

Last night, I was with a friend. Lunch time that day as well, she was disclosing some info I was sad to hear about. I reacted with some sort of joke advice but really, it kinda crippled my heart. She and another friend of mine were casually dating when they were both into relationships with their partners.

I know some have reasons, like it's falling part, blah blah. But you don't get to resolve things with flings or all the more, one night stands. Flings, one-night stands, whatever stuffs, they're just short-time diversions of what the real topic is. You'll forget. You'll feel a little better. But tomorrow, it will still be the same. The issue? Unresolved.

Listening to the story yesterday, there was not much issue in their current relationships at the time. They just felt like, cheating? ......How come it appears so easy?????? You don't love when you cheat. You don't love when you hurt someone. You don't love when you don't love yourself at all.

For me, when people cheat, it's more of personal issue. It's a symbol of insecurity. Like when you put a lot of pillows on your bed, it's because it feels more secure. When you have 10million boyfriends/girlfriends, you've got insecurity issues.

Your current relationship, okay or not should not be the reason for your succeeding actions. There's always choice. There's always freewill. You don't blame your partner. You blame yourself. You are the master of your own action, a master of your own choices. You chose to cheat because of this, that. The point is, you still chose to cheat.

Again, not in a perfect relationship. But as I said, I value it.

When things are really going off the grid, you let go. You don't add insult to injury. You don't fake commitments. You don't pretend to love. You don't pretend to care.

Falling in love is one thing. Keeping it is another.

I hope you're able to choose wisely. And when things have gone berserk, look back and remember how you started. It will paint a smile on your face. Repaint that smile. This time, with brighter colors. Use paint that's invincible. That paint is called, genuine love.

No comments:

Post a Comment