Friday, November 14, 2014

f.r.i.e.n.d.s.

this ain't about the series.

it's about the word itself, the beautiful meaning that lies with it.





Before we learned what that 'partner' love is, we only knew 'family' love and 'friend' love.

It's amazing how years and years of existence in this world, we have those people whom we never thought we'd be sharing the rest of our life with, like my highschool friends. ;)


I graduated from an Atenean school (by the way, our school doesn't ring much of a bell with the other Ateneo schools, basta, un na un :p), and for 4 years I spent the craziest and happiest memories of my teens with them.

9 yrs, more or less (ugh, that long..tsk2) since hs graduation and we're still together, like forever I guess. Forever doesn't only mean forever with future partner, children-to-be, etc. Forever means that lifetime you spend with people you love, and for me, that includes friends. ;)

Some people forget about friends when they have boyfriends/girlfriends or even sometimes when they finally get married. I suggest, you don't. You keep those ties. It will help keep you whole.

For me, the more you narrow your circle, the more it gets I-can't-think-of-a-word haha! Broaden your circle, revive old friendships, sustaining existing, make new ones. Because friends, like, real-life friends, they will always be there for you.

i'm a big fan of himym (How I Met Your Mother - ted mosby, lily, marshmallow, the robin, legen-wait for it, dary..) and so is my boyfriend. We both believe in the value of friendship. We make time for 'us' and family, and we also make time for friends.

Friends, are life's greatest treasures.

They're life's most precious gems.

Treasure them. Spend time with them. Cherish forever with them, because real friends? They last a lifetime. <3

- kharlanike

No comments:

Post a Comment