Sunday, November 2, 2014

Live life to the full(est).

Presiding priest in today's mass stressed out the value of living life to the fullest. Today is All Souls' Day, in commemoration for those who already left this material world.

What is it really like to live life to the fullest?
Is it getting a full body tattoo? a bungee jump in one of the tallest places in Macau, a skydive in Dubai, an all-day walk at the park/beach with your love one, an all stress-free day, a day of meet-up with friends or a shot at things you've never really tried in your entire life?

I guess it is but subjective.

I cannot tell a 10-year old what it's like for him/her to live his/her life to the fullest. Or a senior citizen or even those who are same batch as mine. Living life to the fullest depends on the amount of happiness we are able to gain in an activity, may it be on our own or with friends or people we love.

But for me, living life to the fullest is enjoying the 'now', not thinking about the tomorrow nor the later. It's living for the moment. Death as they call it, is unexpected. You'll never know if after writing this article, I would still have a few more breaths or you wouldn't know if after Christmas or your birthday, you'd still be able to see the sun shine again.

Living life to the fullest is basically cherishing and living for the day. Carpe Diem, as the famous adage goes.

My Carpe Diem, would include a kiss with my wu bei, a laugh with my friends and an intimate bonding with the family. Adventures, yes, they will make a difference with the rest of my usual days, but for me, I can do more adventures in heaven (well, I claim it'll be my destination :p).

Family, friends, love ones - they are temporary; permanent in a sense that they'll always be there for you, but temporary in a sense that like me, they will go to heaven (I pray so ΓΌ) eventually. So living life to the fullest for me, is spending as much time with these people. It's taking a cup of tea with them, riding a bike, watching movies, food tripping, strolling in the mall..basically, the smallest of things. Because it's the little things that give us the happiest smile, the most genuine of happiness.

Big things come from small things. So in living life to the fullest, we start with the small things. Simple, innocent things.

Good night world.

Signing off,
randompinay ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment