Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My opinion on...



People venting out their feelings (real-life issues) in twitter, FB, instagram, etc.

It is called a social network site for some reason. You socialize. You interact. So whatever you post – if you do not set it in some sort of privacy settings – is for the viewing of everyone. For some people, it is apt to their personality that they live their lives assuming they are public figures but I guess one should always put limits on what one posts in the internet.

In my opinion, personal relationship issues should never be broadcasted in the cyber world. I’ve always believed that netizens (more so friends you just met online or real-life acquaintances but only get to talk to thru FB or the like but never when you’re face to face) are really not real-life friends. They are just there to aggravate matters, persuade you with no-ground advices, and pretend they care about your life when they really don’t – they actually don’t think about your issue once they’re no longer online, real friends do ;). For me, others who prefer to broadcast such issues are the ones who feel a little inferior about a particular aspect in life and just want some sort of sympathy in the cyber world – because they can’t get any from their real-life friends (or was that just too harsh?รถ well I could be wrong J). But I believe the healthier approach is not dragging it on to the internet. Deal with it in reality, consult real-life friends and make sound decisions and actions. J

I would like to disclaim a little about my comment on netizens as not real-life friends. You can actually find good friends online and carry them on as friends in your real life but mind you, they are hard to find but not hopeless, though.

Use of E-Cig

The invention of electronic cigarettes has helped and has continued to help the lives of most chain smokers. Contrary to the opinions of others regarding the effects and perception of the whole e-cig craze are the honest and gratifying comments of chain smokers who so long wanted to lay low and quit habitual smoking.

I, for a fact, do not want the diversion to e-cig smoking from traditional smoking, if it’s just mere diversion. But using e-cig as a tool to lessen cigarette consumption and hopefully eventually quit the smoking process, I am a pro to that. I support it in the light of the difficulty to quit smoking. I am no smoker in reality – I have tried a few puffs because of curiosity but I did not get myself hooked to that – but I believe in the testimonials of smokers around. I see the efforts of friends trying to quit smoking but I am also aware of the casual moments they give in to temptation – I’d like to think of it as an ice cream, any dessert at that, struggling to be ignored by people going on a diet.

So since no health institution nor expert professionals have yet proven the side effects of the item, I would like ‘real’ smokers to continue reaping the benefits of e-cig. If this is truly a way for them to actually stop smoking – which most users are actually claiming and I quite believe them – then let us not discredit the e-cig discovery.

I guess the best thing for the government or health institutions to do is support this development, progress the study and eventually innovate the item so as to keep away of any future side effects to 1st even 2nd hand smokers. I believe the e-cig is a great invention and so far it is the closest quitting tool smokers can actually really hold on to. So instead of destroying the e-cig perception, or simply finding ways to put this invention into a stop, let us help the e-cig inventors totally help other people.

Also, what the government and health experts should do is find a way how to stop kiddos, who don’t smoke, but would love to keep up with the ‘trend’ (I know! It’s a trend now. haha!). I guess that’s another thing they should to deal with and as of now, I have no better suggestion, so I recommend they think for themselves. ;)

Lastly, I guess e-cig is always better than traditional smoking, which is by so far indeed very detrimental to one’s health. Again, I do not approve of mere diversion to e-cig but only using it as to alleviate if not yet instantly do away with the smoking addiction.

Tobacco companies “inspiring” (more like brainwashing) teens who are struggling with their identity to stand up for what they believe in, with the underlying message: “If you want to smoke, just go for it.”

Source:
Cigarette makers ‘cheat’ on ‘sin’ tax payments
Monday, 15 July 2013 20:33 Written by Claudeth C. Mocon

I believe in business is business but I cannot keep away from thinking of the uselessness of tobacco companies. I understand smoking is a means to relieve stress but I see liquor as a better means – although I am not trying to promote drinking here; just for comparison. And now that the government has already made it an expensive habit for smokers, these tobacco companies exert so much efforts in keeping the business - Well, I cannot totally blame them for that. It is after all a business that stood long in the industry and has helped (really?? it has helped people?? :p) people by means of employment, etc. – but in doing so, I do not know if they are well aware (or has the thought of money for the business already engulfed their humanity?? – of the negative impact/damage they are doing to the people especially the youth (as evidence of the inspiring the youth campaign in the news).

I cannot think of a better solution for these companies to keep their business but I hope they are able to find alternatives that will not require them to destroy lives. The government has made an effort to make it hard for smokers to stay with the addiction (except they are “promoting sexual things” in exchange by means of the RH Bill – sorry, but really, that’s the way to see it!!) and these companies cannot accept that. I hope there is a solution to this. Not instantaneously, but at least, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment