Saturday, April 23, 2016

Finding a Career

written by yours truly, a job hopper.

Regardless of the turnaround of events, one should never become a job hopper. Job hopping is like shifting courses in college. One does not graduate on time and earn a degree early when changing courses. So to get a good retirement package, one needs to earn tenure at a certain company.

So I have but two tips so you won't become a job hopper:

1 Never sign for a job half-hearted.

You must find a job where you see yourself staying for a minimum of five years. Job hopping means higher pay but then it also means ceaseless adjustments: new route, new officemates, new bosses, new policies, and new culture.

Find a job that suits your interests. Find a job that you are passionate with - that job you'll be happy to wake up for every single day or get sleepy with for deadline projects and reports.

2 When you find 'that job', never let go of it.

My second job was my greatest love. I gave that up because I wanna be with my true love - my family and my lifetime partner to-be. Had my second job been in CDO, I wouldn't have left it.

It was my dream job - my everything I want for a career. It was perfect for me.

So find a job you will love and that will optimize your capabilities and discover your hidden talents. Choose to stay in love with that job because with that, you'll find a career, not just a job and a life, not just a career.

Pick carefully. Don't get too giddy but not too picky also. Focus your efforts on applying to companies you really wanna work with in the long run.

Trust me. Been there. Done that. I've job hopped three times in six years. Any regrets? None? It made me who I am now. It even led me to writing this. So I hope you won't end up job hopping like me.

You'll gain more friends with job hopping, but you won't really be working towards saving for your future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment