Sunday, May 29, 2016

Small, Big, and Big Big

Years back, there was a commercial ad about this. I can’t remember clearly, but I guess that was for a bubble gum. As a kid, my mom would always tell me about the power of small things – how I should pick up a peso or even a centavo on the ground, reminding me that a million peso wouldn’t add up to that if it weren’t for the few pesos.

Growing up, I’d see to it I appreciate the little things. My Dad would always tell me to start small - with my Kuya even having this idea of being a janitor first before being a top executive. I took that principle with me as I grew up. Although I dream big, I start acting with small things.

Small, Big, and Big Big. I’d like to always believe that before hitting big, all things start small. A sturdy tree started as seed. An old man started as an infant. A typhoon started as raindrops; an avalanche, snowdrops. A huge painting started with a few artistic sketches; a beautiful garden, few flowers.

I guess point being, is we never forget the small things. Small things make up the big, and the big big. A tiny act of negligence can result to bigger problems. A random gossip can turn into a mainstream controversy. A small group of tree planters can contribute big in the ecosystem.

We must bear in mind, that no matter how small our actions are, these can resonate a gazillion fold. Our negative vibes in the morning can ruin everybody else’s day. Our smile and laughter can probably be contagious to a whole lot of people. Our personal decision can probably impact the bigger community.

So remember: Small, Big, and Big Big. J

No comments:

Post a Comment